A New Idea: Reinventing Yesterday’s Newspaper
There are a lot more ways to recycle your old newspapers and junk mail than just throwing them in the blue bin. So before you chuck today’s headlines, maybe you should consider reinventing them. Here is an innovative way to reduce, reuse, and recycle the news:
1. Wrap it up. Replace expensive gift wrap with newspaper and give an eco-friendly present that’s both practical and informative (especially if it has recent headlines!)
2. Pet Cage Liner.Shred newspaper for hamster bedding or use as lining on puppy pads or birdcages.
3. Clean windows or glass. Forego streaks and harmful chemicals, just dip crumpled newspaper into water mixed with a splash of white vinegar.
4. Ripen fruit. Wrap avocados, peaches, or other fruit that needs softening and let sit at room temperature.
5. Make some jewelry. Comic bangle anyone? This would definitely be a fun project for the kids! Find out how.