How to Stay Cool without AC
Not only does it save the environment, being green saves you money! Yes, we’re talking about cash. Summer can be unforgiving in terms of the heat. What do you do when it’s so hot outside AND inside? Probably buy an air conditioning unit so you feel like you are living in an igloo.
However, there are other ways to stay cool and keep your spending cool as a cucumber! Timing is everything.
Here are 5 Tips on how to keep it cool:
1. Close windows and doors and pull the curtains down early in the morning before the sun gets too high up in the sky.
2. Once it’s cool enough outside, right around when the sun is setting, open up those windows and let that cool air in.
3. Get a ceiling fan. This moves the air around the house and keeps it cool.
4. Replace your curtains with “sun curtains” that has reflective white fabric for the sun rays to bounce off of.
5. Provide your own shade by planting trees by your windows.
Thanks to Living Green Magazine for their original content!